Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Little things talk to me

When i was still growing up, i used to look at the elderly uncles and aunties going out for walks in night after dinner. I used to think why do they do that... every evening ... why wudnt they just sit at home and watch television or surf the internet. Because... that was probably my time to pick up the landline and talk to my school friends, may be gossip and discuss tv shows or boys.  Today when I look forward to an hour of walk with my husband after dinner I ask myself have I really grown up? It all seems like a deja vu, till yesterday I used to think it was a may be, but suddenly things have started to get real. i have started to feel more aware of the future. I have started to plan things, i feel i have started worry about what to cook tonight more than, next srk movie trailer. i come back home and re-think of the irnoy of the situtation, how my mum used to crib that she is tired of cooking the same vegetables every week.
I still remember my mom used to do all house laundry and fold it too, she used to crib that i never helped her, in folding it. She used to wash my clothes, fold and  keep it too. I never realized or got a chance to run out of an underwear or a t- shirt i always found a never ending supply of them in my closet, today when after a long work day... i come back home, and no matter for how many days I procrastinate its me who has to do it. My mum is sitting thousands of miles away.:)
Of many things i dont remember there is one thing that i remember clearly was she always left putting pillow covers on me, I hated doing that. i used always feel there should be faster way i can do it and then i can get back to my day dreaming world. but nonetheless today i am doing my pillow covers on my own, not only that i am washing them, putting them on the pillows , i have no kid right now to give that task to.. in fact taking them off for the next cycle ...all on my own. things change so does life, as i have grown up i feel these little things that we thought are what parents did i have started doing them too. :) it does not take away the child in me inherently, but indeed time and again it still comes as a shock to me, that omg i have grown up is it? i dont know may be over time i will come around and all this will be natural after years of pillow changing. this looks unreal as this is just the start but yes these little things from the past are coming back and have started to speak to me.

Here is a picture of me of my 1st diwali after marriage, this was temporary apartment we were living in for a while before we got our first place after we moved from san diego. The pic above is lay out of what our first place looked it, my husband and i spent hours deciding the plan. this was a new beginning of doing things like a grown up :)
     

No comments:

Where mind is without fear ... where fetters are broken .....and my insolence is revered . You are welcome !!!